Thursday, December 20, 2012

time for vacation!

Well, I made it!  7 Christmas performances, report cards, LOTS of birthday parties, a kindergarten graduation, and all the normal things of life are over.  It's time for vacation.

We are so fortunate that we get to spend the holidays with my hubby's family in New York (upstate).  We got here yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out how to relax.  We've been going going going for so long, it is "work" to wind down and to stop.  But one of the many things that I LOVE about Brazil is the value for vacation.  Not only is it the law to give paid vacation time to employees (and pay an extra 1/3 of the salary for vacation expenses), but it is part of the culture.  It's an expectation that you would travel, rest, relax, spend time with family.  I like this.

I haven't decided if I will be posting much during my vacation, but you can be sure that I will be enjoying it. 

Feliz natal!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment