Saturday, March 16, 2013

Horsing around

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4580566/Four-horses-loose-on-M25-motorway.html

Yesterday I got a ride home from one of my co-workers.  We were coming from Alphaville/Lagoa dos Ingleses to Belo Horizonte.  The traffic was bad (normal).  We were slowly creeping down a road with 4 lanes of traffic, when we came upon 2 horses crossing the street.  No saddles.  No owners.  Just 2 horses, out for a walk in a large city in Brazil.

I probably wouldn't have found this blog-worthy, except that 2 weeks ago, I came home from the Clube with the kids, and we found this in front of our apartment:


Yep, that's a horsey.  He's pulling a cart of scrap metal.  Our neighbors were doing some work, and a guy came up in his cart to pick up some of the leftovers.  Stray horses causing traffic and a horse drawn cart parking outside our window remind me that I just never know what I may encounter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment