Sunday, December 26, 2010

Noise

My in-laws are here for Christmas, and we're having a wonderful time. There are many things I will have to catch up on (with the blog, that is). But I wanted to share one thing: we're sitting in the living room, and my father-in-law said, "is that ringing?" After almost 10 months of living here, we've begun to ignore some of the random noises that happen all the times. The alarms, the garage doors that ring, the dogs, the birds, the honking, buzzing, squeaking, blaring, shouting and squealing. So it always cracks me up when I hear him or my mother-in-law asking, "what's that noise?" We've been there, we are there, and we're learning to live with all the noise.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We went to bed early (10 pm) because Matt was a little sick and we were tired, but the rest of Brazil was doing there Brazilian Christmas thing, and the noise reached a fevered pitch at midnight, and then the fireworks, screaming children, yelling and loud music went on through the night. I thought about sending the kids downstairs with their new skateboard, roller skates, and loud high heels at 8 am to wake up the neighborhood, but I was kind. Besides, it probably wouldn't have even mattered because folks here really don't get bothered by noise like us quiet loving Americans. More on our trip to the pousada, learning to drive, Ouro Preto II and general fun soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment