Sunday, February 12, 2012

The best way to bring your stuff to Brazil



Brazilians making shopping trips to the US has been in the news quite a bit.  Prices on certain items in Brazil are so high that many upper class and middle class Brazilians have found it cheaper to buy a flight, hotel rooms, and the item desired than to buy it in Brazil.  So, you can imagine that American expats in Brazil get really excited about shopping when they make visits back to the States.  My family was surprised by the amount of shopping that we did, and the amount of money that we spent.  I'm a notorious cheapskate, coupon clipper and bargain hunter.  Prior to moving to Brazil, I was very VERY frugal, and was very careful with our budget and our expenses.  I'm still careful, but living in Brazil has made me have to relax.  But it's fun to go back to the US with my big shopping list, and hit the stores.  



And we've found the best way to bring back all our stuff.  My sister shared her travel secret with me, and now I'll share it with you.  First, don't bother with buying extra suitcases to bring to Brazil.  Go to Target, and buy Rubbermaid 18 Gallon Totes (usually priced between US$7 and US$10).