Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the saga of Transpore Escolar, part 2

Ug.  Our motorista did not show up at 12:30 yesterday.  I tried calling him all morning (on all three of his phone numbers) but there was never an answer.  Of course in retrospect, I realize that I should have called him on Friday, Saturday and maybe even Sunday to make sure all the details were clear.  My Portuguese is improving, but it's still not 100% trustworthy.  Especially with these kind of the details.  I had to drop Matt and the girls off at their school (it was too early to drop the girls off by themselves) and then drive across town with Sebastian.  And then drive home at the end of the day.  Boo.

But, the funny thing is that the motorista did show up at 1:05 and spoke with our empregada.  Then my husband called him later, and made arrangements for him to come today.  I guess he wasn't clear on the time.  So we're going to try it again.  Oh please, let him come today.  I'll let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment