Monday, May 10, 2010

mishaps

I just got home from teaching, and I'm a bit tired, but I realize that I haven't posted in a while, so I'm going to share a list of interesting mishaps. Mind you, this isn't "all" of the mishaps, just the interesting ones.

1. I bought fabric softener instead of laundry detergent. Thankfully I only washed two loads of laundry with it before I realized that highly perfumed clothes do not make clean clothes.

2. Forgot to bring my CPF number (like a Brazilian Social Security number) to the bank when Matt and I were trying to add me to his account so I can access our money. Wasted several hours for nothing.

3. Got on the wrong bus leaving an English class. For the second time.

4. Tried to call the bank to activate my credit card. Couldn't understand the prompts in Portuguese, and ended up getting transferred to a live person. Matt had to get on the phone, and we got transferred again a few more times. Went to the store to buy cat food, and my credit card wouldn't work.

I could go on about funny phone calls, but i'm too pooped. Hopefully I'll write more soon. tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment