Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sebastian's 7th Birthday (or how to have a Star Wars party)

So, Beatrice's birthday happened, and then I had a month to prepare for Sebastian's birthday. His birthday just happened to fall on the same day as the all school picnic, so I decided to take advantage of it and just add onto the picnic fun. I made the invitations, this time on the computer:


We made a Death Star Piñata, made a game of "Pin the Light Saber on Yoda," and decided to make balloons into light sabers so we could have battles. I went to 1001 Festas to stock up on candy for the piñata and balloons. I started the piñata waaaay in advance to make sure it would turn out okay, but it still ended up being a little lumpy. I also made cupcakes, and topped them with these images that I'd downloaded and color copied.

Unfortunately, Matt was on tour before and during Sebastian's birthday, so I had to do it all myself. I stayed up WAAAYYY too late, several nights in a row, and as a result I got totally wiped out, and ever since I've been sick, with one cold or another. But, it was total crazy fun. The location was beautiful, it was a nice warm day (sunburn for mommy), and I think Sebastian felt celebrated and loved.


Beatrice and some colegas (classmates)

Sebastian, preparing to Pin the light saber on Yoda

Setting up the piñata



Beatrice on the sidelines

Mommy, getting burnt.

Beatrice "hitting" the piñata

Shower of candy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are super creative!! Pinatas are fun for the kids because they don't have them here - and least not that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an incredibly fun party and I love the theme! "Into the garbage chute, Flyboy!"

    ReplyDelete